One of our families favorite traditions is our annual Passover Dinner. It is such a special night to eat a delicious meal and celebrate all that our Savior’s life (and death), means to each of us. Over the years we have evolved this tradition and this year was my favorite.
I finally printed off some cute cards to help us remember what each of the foods represent and gave the kids questions they could think about and answer during dinner.
Some years we make our favorite Grilled Chipotle Chicken Skewers for dinner, we’ve tried fish, sometimes a roast, etc. It doesn’t really matter what you serve, it’s just the feeling behind the night.
This year I wanted to switch it up a little and I made these Garlic Lemon Steak Pita Sandwiches.I think this meal will be our new fave! It was full of flavor and went perfectly with lots of the fresh vegetables, hummus, deviled eggs, and fruit that we served along with it. Whether you are serving this meal for Easter, or just want a delicious dinner idea, this is a keeper! Happy Easter week friends.
- 5-6 boneless beef petite sirloin steaks
- 1 Tbs. lemon pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic pepper
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or fresh garlic
- 1 pkg. pita bread flats or pockets
- 1/2 green cabbage, sliced super thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- Grape or regular tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 5.3 oz. plain yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, diced super fine or grated (use seedless cucumber or it will be too wet)
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic pepper
- Remove steak from the package. Season the steaks with the lemon pepper and garlic pepper generously. Heat a hot grill to high heat. When the grill is hot, place the steaks onto the grill and get a nice sear on the bottom side of the steak. Turn the steak to the other side and cook for only a few more minutes until you have your desired 'doneness' level (rare, medium, etc.). I like my steak to be cooked on the outside but a little pink in the center.
- While the steak is cooking, whisk together in a bowl all of the steak marinade ingredients. Set this aside to add to the steak right before serving.
- For the sauce, prepare all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve pitas.
- For the veggies, just slice them into thin pieces.
- Once the steak is done, remove from the grill and let rest on a plate for 3-5 minutes. Right before serving, slice the steak into thin strips and place on a plate. Drizzle with the marinade and then serve the steak in the pitas with the cucumber sauce and fresh vegetables.