I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend! We are enjoying the weekend in the beautiful and sunny St. George with family. It has been wonderful to relax, spend time in the sun and be together thinking about our Savior and His sacrifices for us.
My in laws spoiled us with the most amazing Easter feast last night. If you are like us and have leftover stuffing, potatoes, ham, turkey, etc. this recipe is a great one for you! It is everything you love about these items all put into one, flavorful casserole. Not to mention, it’s so simple to throw together even your kids can do it! Hope you enjoy!
A favorite tip of mine, is to buy this boneless turkey from Costco. It tastes fantastic and is so easy to freeze and use in meals like this. It’s even so great you can slice it and serve at any fancy meal. Your family will never know you didn’t slave over a turkey breast all morning.
- 3 cups premade, leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 boxes stove top turkey stuffing (or omit butter, stuffing and water with leftover stuffing)
- 1/2 red onion, diced (for stuffing)
- 3 stalks celery, diced (for stuffing)
- 2-3 cup leftover turkey, diced
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- If you don't have leftover mashed potatoes or stuffing, make those before you get started. For the stuffing, saute the onion and celery in the butter in a sauce pan until tender. Then add the water, stuffing flavoring and bread pieces. Bring the water to a boil, add the stuffing and seasonings, mix with a fork and then put a lid on and turn off the heat. Let the stuffing heat for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare, place the mashed potatoes on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish. Dice the turkey and place on top of the potatoes. In a bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and black pepper. Pour this mixture over the top of the turkey and potatoes. Top the entire dish with the cooked stuffing and spread evenly. Top with the chopped parsley. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and cooked. Serve with cranberry sauce if desired.