I am a huge fan of gourmet sandwiches for dinner. When I am in a hurry and need something I can whip together quickly, but allows us to feel like we’re eating a ‘real’ meal, this is my go-to recipe idea. For those of you on a low carb diet, I make these with those sandwich thins and you still feel like you haven’t ruined any of your diet goals. Today’s sandwich was made with leftover grilled chicken I had from a previous meal and was given a little buffalo twist and they were delicious!
We ate these sandwiches with a simple spinach salad and had a meal on the table in less than 15 minutes. Just what I needed on a busy night! Login to Deals to Meals to find out where bread, chicken, cheese, avocados and tomatoes are all on sale for great prices! This is a meal well under $10 for sure 😉
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasonings
- 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2-3 Tbs. mayonnaise
- 8 slices cheddar or colby cheese
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 12-14 sliced whole wheat bread
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat (chicken can be grilled or just cooked on or in the stove). Season the chicken with Montreal Steak Seasoning and grill on both sides until the center of the chicken is no longer pink. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl. Drizzle the chicken with Frank's hot sauce and some mayonnaise. Place some of the chicken onto a slice of bread and top with some sliced avocado, sliced tomato and more sliced cheese. Put the sandwich top on the sandwich. Lightly butter both sides of the sandwich. Place on a hot griddle or panini maker and cook until both sides of the bread are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve warm.