Hawaiian Turkey Meatballs and Rice
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2-3/4 cup breadcrumbs or panko
- 3 Tbs. dried onions
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4-5 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Start some brown or white rice in a rice cooker (or over the stove) and let it cook while you prepare the meatballs and sauce.
- For the meatballs, place the turkey, seasonings, eggs and breadcrumbs into a mixing bowl and combine until everything is incorporated. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray, or drizzle with some olive oil and spread around to coat the bottom of the pan. With a spoon, scoop out a golf ball sized portion of the meat mixture and palce on the cookie sheet(s). Place the meatballs in the oven and let them back until they are nice and golden bron on the top and the center is no longer pink (about 15-20 minutes, depending ont he size of your meatball).
- For the Hawaiian sauce, combine all of the ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan, whisk and bring to a boil. Let the sauce simmer on low heat until it begins to thicken. Once the sauce is pretty thick, remove from the heat and let it rest.
- Cut the pineapple up into bite size pieces. To serve, place a serving of cooked rice in a bowl. Top with the hot meatballs and some pineapple pieces. Spoon as much sauce as you would like on top and serve with sliced green onions for garnish.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/