A meal time saver in our home are the flat bread pita sandwiches from Costco. I keep these in my freezer at all times for quick wraps, sandwiches or pita pizzas. They freeze great for up to 6 months and work perfectly with this recipe.
I also talk a lot about my freezer grilled chicken meal planning tip. This method seriously saves SO MUCH TIME when meal prepping. When chicken goes on sale (like it is this week), buy several extra pounds and grill (or slow cook them) for future meals. Just keep the chicken breasts in the freezer until ready to use.
For the BBQ Chicken Pizza and the Alfredo Chicken Pizza, I used my freezer chicken and it was super slick.
Want to cut out the hassle of cooking meat? Try this Veggie pizza and you won’t miss it at all!
- 1 pkg. flat bread pitas
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Grilled and seasoned chicken, diced
- Sliced or diced vegetables of choice (red onions, grape tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, etc.)
- BBQ Sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the chicken and/or sausage as desired. Prepare all of the vegetables by slicing them or dicing them.
- Place the pitas flat onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Top the pitas with your favorite sauce and toppings. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the pizzas and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is nice and bubbly and golden brown. Slice and serve.