Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites (or 3 eggs)
Oreo Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 Tbs. milk or heavy cream (more if using cream)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1 1/2 cup broken up Oreo cookies
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cake mix into the bowl. Whisk in the flour, sugar and salt. Then add all of the wet ingredients (for the cake mix portion) and mix until smooth (don't over mix).
- Line 24 cupcakes with cupcake liners. Spray with a little non-stick cooking spray. Pour an even amount of batter into each portion. Place in the oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, prepare the frosting. For the frosting, in a bowl and with an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and the milk/cream. Slowly add in the powdered sugar one cup at a time and continue to beat until the frosting is fluffy and whipped. Add the crushed Oreos to the frosting and continue to mix. Let frosting set aside until cupcakes are cooled and ready to frost.
Deals to Meals https://www.dealstomealsblog.com/