These pistachio cupcakes are not only festive, but they are delicious! Your kids will love decorating them and celebrating the St. Patrick’s Day weekend with this fun & delicious rainbow treat.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water or lemon lime soda
- 1 cup oil
- 6–8 drops green food coloring
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Dash of salt
- Blue food coloring (for ‘sky’ on cupcakes)
- ¼–½ cup milk
- 1 lb.-1 ½ lb. powdered sugar
- Mini marshmallows
- Junior mints
- Gold sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 box of instant pudding mix, eggs, soda, oil, and green food coloring and mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 25 -30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean to indicate the cake is done. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- For the Frosting: In a bowl, and with an electric mixer, blend the butter until smooth. Add the vanilla, salt, food coloring and milk and continue to blend. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time and continue to whisk until frosting is light and fluffy and the consistency you would like.
- Decorate the cupcake to look like a rainbow with a pot of gold at the bottom. Use skittles for the rainbow, marshmallows for the clouds, junior mint for the pot, gold sprinkles for the gold. You can add 4 green skittles as the shamrocks.
The yellow cake mix can be switched out for a white cake mix. If you don’t like the flavor of pistachio, you can just add green food coloring and a vanilla pudding.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: St. Patrick's Day, Cupcakes, Dessert, Holidays, Rainbow Cupcakes, Spring