The flavors and smells of homemade apple pie, all in a healthy bowl of hearty oatmeal.
- 2 cups regular oats
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- Almond milk or regular milk for serving
- Extra brown sugar or honey for topping
- Core and dice the apples into bite sized pieces.
- Pour the water into a sauce pan over a medium-high heated stove. Bring the water to a boil. Add the oats and stir constantly for about a minute.
- Add the apple pieces and stir. Turn down the heat to low and simmer the oatmeal until it is tender and cooked.
- Once it is thick, remove from the heat and add the seasonings, brown sugar and almond milk or regular milk until the oatmeal is your desired thickness.
- Serve warm with extra brown sugar or a drizzle of honey to the top.
If you like steel cut oats, you can also use those. You will just need to adjust the water and cooking time to make sure the steel cut oats are tender and cooked through.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: Apple Pie Oatmeal, Oatmeal, Breakfast, Healthy Breakfast, Best Oatmeal