A tropical sweet and slightly spicy salad dressing poured over delicious salad ingredients that will bring the warm Caribbean flavors to your own home.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 2–3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, grilled and seasoned then chopped
- 1 bag tortilla chips or strips
- 2 cups cooked white rice (optional)
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 cup Mayo (I always use Best Foods LIGHT)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. ginger powder
- Grill or bake the boneless chicken breasts that have been heavily seasoned with lemon pepper or steak seasoning (or just salt & pepper).
- Once the chicken is grilled and cooked through, cut the chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Cut lettuce, tomatoes, and mango and place in a large salad bowl.
- Cook the rice until tender and set aside to cool slightly.
- For the dressing, blend the ingredients together until smooth. Add extra sugar if needed.
- Layer the salad on your plate with rice on the bottom of your plate, then lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, mango, feta cheese, and tortilla chips. Serve the salad with the dressing.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: Rumbi Island Grill, VooDoo Salad, Tropical Salad, Mango Salad, Summer Salad